Ductless Mini-Split AC Professionals Serving Greenville, Easley, Piedmont, Mauldin, SC & Surrounding Areas
Ductless systems have been around for a long time, but for a number of reasons are enjoying increased popularity in residential and commercial applications. Ductless air conditioning is also known as a ductless mini-split. These units are available as just an air conditioner or can be stand-alone heat pumps that cool and heat.
How Ductless Works
Rather than a centralized heating and cooling system that uses ductwork to distribute conditioned air, a ductless unit can be installed high on a wall or on the ceiling in a room. The unit is connected to the outside compressor by a small hole through the wall. This unit is controlled by its thermostat, which can be managed by a hand-held remote control. A mini-split unit can cool or heat a single room or an area in the house. A single compressor outside can provide cooling power to up to 8 individual indoor units.
The Benefits of Ductless Mini-Splits
There are significant differences between central HVAC systems and ductless mini-split systems. We can help you determine which type of system might be best for you and your home. The benefits of ductless are many:
- Energy Efficiency – Ductless units don’t use ductwork and are extremely energy efficient.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality – You will enjoy improved indoor air quality as their filters have a high MERV rating.
- Flexibility – You can control each mini-split unit separately, allowing you to cool just the areas you want.
- Easy Installation – A three-inch hole in an exterior wall makes for an easy installation.
- Better Control – You can cool or heat areas of your choosing rather than the whole home.
Would Ductless Air Conditioning Be Your Solution?
Ductless air conditioners and heat pumps can be the solution to a variety of situations. Here are a few ideas:
- Home additions or attic and basement conversions and your existing HVAC system doesn’t have the power to heat and cool the additional square footage.
- You have hot and cold areas of your home.
- Your home will not accommodate ductwork.
- New construction where you want the ultimate in energy efficiency .
For additional details about ductless heating and cooling, call us today. We’ll be happy to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Call the Ductless AC Pros at Palmetto Heating & Air LLC
Our company philosophy since our founding in 2012 has been to treat people fairly with honesty and integrity. We are family-owned and offer free second opinions, free estimates on system change-outs, and 24/7 emergency service when needed. As a Trane Comfort Specialist, we have met the required high standards for technical knowledge and excellent customer service. We also offer air quality inspections. We are pleased to provide our services to homeowners and light commercial business owners in Greenville, Easley, Piedmont, Mauldin, SC, and the surrounding areas.