When people evaluate the requirements of their commercial properties, they frequently come across items they had never previously known about. ERVs are an excellent example of this, as they’re highly effective but not well known. Read on to learn what an energy recovery ventilator (ERV) is, how it functions and all its vital benefits in Mauldin, SC.
A energy recovery ventilator is also known as ERV air exchangers or ERV ventilation systems. But what is an energy recovery ventilator?
An ERV is a component that connects to your HVAC system’s ducts and draws clean, fresh air into office via two fans. These systems include a patented heat exchanger that transfers heat and moisture between air streams. This process keeps your space warm during the winter, especially important in the winter months.
An ERV ventilation system not only transfers air streams but also captures pollutants, contaminants, allergens and more. This ensures that the air that enters and remains in your office or workplace is clean and healthy.
The Benefits of Utilizing an ERV System
Installing an ERV into your office is beneficial in many ways. Some benefits include:
- Filters remove formaldehydes, allergens and other toxic substances from your indoor spaces
- Improves respiration for asthma sufferers
- Improves the energy efficiency of your workplace
- Your space will require less dusting because there will be less buildup of pollen, pet dander and other materials
- Keeps the temperatures more consistent
- Improves your working conditions due to the fresher, cycled air
- Extends the life of your HVAC system
Your ERVs Installation Experts
Installing an ERV ventilation system is an excellent way to improve the quality of air in your office. Contact us at Palmetto Heating & Air LLC for more information about ERVs or for commercial HVAC and maintenance services in Mauldin, SC.
Image provided by iStock